Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

Live fast

Торопитесь жить, друзья мои.
Полгода у меня болталось в офисе дело. Простое дело. Муж-американец подает петицию на иностранную жену. И жена уже в Штатах, и ребенок намечается. Улыбчивые и смешливые, только ужасно неорганизованные. То фотографии забудут принести, то свидетельство о браке потеряли - нужен дубликат. Дело лежит, время идет. Мы им звоним, а они хихикают: "У нас впереди вся жизнь вместе, успеем еще."
А сегодня жена позвонила и спросила, есть ли иммиграционные бенефиты для вдов. Молодой и смешливый муж разбился на машине в прошлые выходные.


Nov. 7th, 2014 08:41 pm (UTC)
The "widow benefit" can be claimed only if the deceased spouse has signed immigrant petition for his foreign spouse. In this case, you may substitute a sponsor or be a self-petitioner. If the petition has never been signed, I-360 will be rejected.
Nov. 8th, 2014 12:48 am (UTC)
you are wrong. I hope you will correct yourself and tell it to the girl

Here is the answer from USCIS site

Q. If my U.S. citizen spouse has passed away, and I do not have a petition pending with USCIS, how do I obtain status as a widow(er)?

A. If your U.S. citizen spouse died on or after October 28, 2009, you will have two years from the date of the citizen spouse’s death to file a Form I-360 petition. If your U.S. citizen spouse died before October 28, 2009, and you did not have a Form I-130 pending on October 28, 2009, you have until October 28, 2011, to file a Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant for you and your unmarried minor children.

Nov. 8th, 2014 01:59 am (UTC)
I know it is hard to believe, but trust me. I know my stuff. Everything is very fact-specific in immigration law. This girl cannot take advantage of I-360. She can only adjust with the waiver and now she does not have a qualifying relative for this type of adjustment.

Latest Month

November 2019

Page Summary

Powered by LiveJournal.com
Designed by Terri McAllister